Anna make a spicy coleslaw from fresh cabbage and onions for her Peameal Sandwiches with Coleslaw.
3 lb(s) whole peameal pork loin
1 cup good quality tomato salsa
⅔ cup brown sugar
½ cup white vinegar
6 Kaiser rolls
3 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 cup grated red cabbage
¾ cup chopped green onion
⅓ cup golden raisins
1. Preheat grill to medium and place whole peameal loin on grill. Cook covered, rotating and turning, until centre of peameal reaches a temperature of 160 F, about 75 minutes.
2. While peameal is cooking, purée salsa, brown sugar and vinegar and simmer in a saucepot until glaze consistency. Brush half the glaze onto peameal during last 15 minutes of cooking.
3. To serve, slice peameal thinly and stack onto sliced Kaiser rolls. Drizzle with reserved glaze and top with Spicy Slaw.
1. Whisk lime juice, mustard, sugar, ginger and jalapeno together. Slowly add olive oil while whisking.
2. Pour dressing over cabbage, green onions and raisins. Season to taste and chill until ready to serve. Slaw can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance.