1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
2 lemons, sliced
3 sprig tarragon
1 lb(s) 16/20 shrimp, shelled and de-veined
splash champagne vinegar
2 heads Belgian endive
edible flowers, for garnish
½ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
1. For shrimp, bring champagne, lemons and tarragon up to a simmer (I start with chilled champagne as the bottle will open without spilling). Add shrimp and cook, just below a simmer until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and cool.
2. Remove tail from shrimp and slice shrimp in half lengthwise. Toss shrimp with a splash of champagne vinegar and chill until ready to assemble.
3. To assemble, separate 16 endive spears and arrange on a platter. Spoon or pipe a teaspoonful of dip at the base of each spear.
4. Arrange 2 shrimp halves over dip (shrimp can curl over each other). Garnish with a petal from a flower (or a single flower if small).
1. Stir all ingredients together and chill until ready to assemble.
Recipe Credit: Anna Olson